Miss Daisy's Diaries

Miss Daisy's Diaries
Go to my Website

Friday 15 June 2012

She's driving me mad!


Oh for heaven’s sake…  Will someone save me from this meddlesome woman!  Her Ladyship’s becoming infuriating now, almost obsessed indeed as she fusses around getting all the pre-publicity work done in advance of the publication of Miss Daisy’s Diaries.  If there’s any consolation, she’s paying much more attention to me.  She’s out here most days having a chat and giving me a polish.

“Got to have you looking good for the book signings Old Girl,” she says as she slaps a filthy old chamois leather onto my bonnet.  “You never know when the press might turn up to do something and you’ve got to look good.”

A case of pot calling the kettle black, if you ask me.  She’s wearing an old T shirt and a pair of tacky jeans, hardly suitable attire surely for meeting ladies and gentlemen of the press.  I’ll be interested to see what she decides to wear for her first book signing and if she insists on wearing that ridiculous hat, I’ll scream.

You remember that I told you that she had received an offer of £5,000 for the Grey One and that while I hoped she would get rid of him, I doubted she would.  Well I was right.  She did turn down the offer, but promised the people that she’s look for another one for them.  So if there is a nice running Ruby out there please email her at her-ladyship@missdaisydiaries.co.uk and let her know. 

I was supposed to go on a trip last Wednesday, but Madam came out and told me that the BBC had forecast heavy showers all day and since she wanted to keep me clean and smart, she would take The Grey One instead.  Typical of the BBC though, they got it wrong.  It was beautifully sunny all day… not a drop of rain.  What annoyed me was the stupid grin on the grey one’s face when he came home.

I did have a nice day in Bryngarw though.  Her Ladyship usually goes up on the Saturday and back home on the Sunday, but since the forecast was rain, she decided to do it there and back on the Sunday.  “You’ll manage Old Girl,” she said.  “It’s only 170 miles.  You did much more than that every day on the JOGLE.”  Don’t I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment